What is it?

Visioncare is optional and provides coverage for eye exams, corrective lenses and frames.

Prescription sunglasses and safety glasses, and laser eye surgery are also covered when provided by a licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist, or optician.

 

How will it benefit my employees?

Visioncare benefits help to offset the costs of corrective lenses and eye exams.

 

How does it work?

Coverage is provided in provinces where the provincial plan does not provide full coverage for eye exams. Eye exams are typically covered once every 24 months with no specific dollar maximum. Benefits for eye exams do not apply towards the maximum for eyeglasses and contact lenses.

 

More details

  • Calendar year deductible: None
  • Reimbursement level: 80% (the plan member pays the remaining 20%)

 

Coverage includes:

  • Eye examinations, including refraction, once every 2 years if they are performed by a licensed ophthalmologist or optometrist and coverage is not available under the person’s provincial government plan

 

The following services and supplies required to correct vision:

  • (a) Glasses and contact lenses when provided by a licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist, or optician
  • (b) Laser eye surgery when performed by a licensed ophthalmologist

 

Coordination of benefits with government or other group plans applies.