What is it?

Basic & Routine takes care of all the minor needs of oral hygiene and basic dental care.  There is usually an annual maximum imposed for this coverage.  $1500 per year would be a fairly standard maximum for a small or medium sized business.

How will it benefit my employees?

Part of good oral hygiene involves routine dental check-ups. This optional benefit can help ensure the costs of those visits to the dentist are covered.

Your employees will have coverage for necessary dental services as the result of an accident. Under this coverage, the reimbursement level is 100%.

Examples of coverage includes:

Diagnostic services such as:

  • Complete oral examination
  • Periodontal exams
  • x-rays

Preventative services such as:

  • polishing
  • scaling
  • space maintainers and appliances
  • finishing restorations
  • tooth extractions

Minor Restorative services such as:

  • pain control
  • fillings
  • Periodontal services like root planning
  • Oral Surgery
  • Adjunctive Service

More Details

  • Calendar year deductible: None
  • Reimbursement level: 80% (the plan member pays the remaining 20%)

Routine coverage includes:

  • Diagnostic services (exams and radiographs)
  • Preventive services (polishing, scaling, topical fluoride application, space maintainers, pit and fissure sealants, appliances for control of harmful habits)
  • Minor restorative services (caries, pain control, fillings, prefabricated crowns for primary teeth)
  • Endodontic services (root canal treatment, treatment of the pulp chamber)
  • Periodontal services (periodontal surgery, appliances, preventive scaling)
  • Denture maintenance (relines for dentures at least 6 months old, rebases for dentures at least 2 years old)
  • Oral surgery (removal of teeth, remodeling, and recontouring of oral tissues) for dentures and bridgework $750 every 5 years
  • Dental accident coverage. Under this coverage, the reimbursement level is 100%.

Back to Benefits Overview

< Previous         Next >